Nyame Dua Ring
- How It’s Made
- Symbol Meaning
- Background & About Us
- Environmental Impact of Your Purchase
- Lead time, Returns
Forged by local Ghanaian artisans and smiths at our Kumasi workshop using the lost wax casting process. Our beautiful gender neutral Nyame Dua ring is made of 23 karat gold over brass and silver over brass finish. Our pieces are known to be conversation starters and a casual statement piece to be worn at any occasion.
Due to the handmade nature of this item, each piece is unique, one of the same & any variations are considered part of the beauty of the design.
If you are a half size, order a size below and make note in purchase.
- Nyame Dua: "The tree of god" – A symbol of God's presence and protection. The Nyame Dua is a sacred spot where rituals are performed. Erected in front of the house or compound, it is crafted from a tree that has been cut where three or more branches come together. This stake holds an earthenware vessell filled with water and herbs or other symbolic materials for purification and blessing rituals.
Adinkra symbols were originally created by the Gyaman clans from the Brong Ahafo region of Ghana hundreds of years ago. The adinkra symbols represent popular proverbs and maxims, they record historical events, and express particular attitudes or behavior related to depicted figures. Historically only worn on cloth by royalty and rulers of the land, today is now widely available in different fashions. We’ve re-erected these precious and rich symbols and forged them in a modern ready to wear jewelry collection.
We are Ghanaians and a black owned small business in love with our culture with a mission to share a piece of our heritage with the rest of the world.
- Investing in the health and economy of the communities that are affected by precious metals, gemstone mining, and manufacturing in particular Ghana.
- DIRECTLY supporting a local artisan and manufacturing economy.
- Investing in the growth of a sustainable jewelry industry.
Please allow 3 - 5 business days when rings are in stock and 14 days when re-stocking and shipped from Ghana. Tracking numbers will be given.
Returns: We do accept returns if items are broken upon delivery.